Introduction Of Exchange Server 2007 :-
1. Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 is designed to send messages i.e e-mails within an organization.
2. It also stores emails, calendars, contacts and schedules, Public Folders , tasks etc.
3. It is basically a gateway system which is used to exchange emails from different clients through server.
4. It also provides security to messages from virus , spam emails , email hacking and potential threats against nature and man made disasters.
1. Built-in protection
a. Replication is provided
b. Built-in anti-virus and anti-spam protection
2. Unified messaging
a. Sending emails , faxes and voice mails is possible.
b. Can access desktop devices , mobile devices , web
3. Performance and scalability
a. Available in 32 bit and 64 bit version
b. Mailbox size increase and routing is possible.
Hardware Requirment :-
1. Processor – any x64 processor that supports Intel Extended Memory Technology (Intel EM64T) or AMD64.
2. Memory – minimum 2GB RAM per server and 50 MB RAM per mailbox . Recommended is 4 GB RAM .
3. Paging Memory Size – Same as RAM and 100 MB per mailbox.
4. Hard disk – min. 60 GB free space . Recommended 100 GB. Requirement will be differ as per server role chosen.
5. DVD ROM , 800 x 600 resolution Monitor.
Operating System Requirment :-
1. 64 bit version of Windows Server 2003 standard / enterprise edition SP2
2. 64 bit version of Windows Server 2003 R2 standard /enterprise edition SP2.
3. 64 bit version of Windows Server 2008.
Installation Pre-requisites :-
1. Install Windows server 2003 .
2. Upgrade it as ‘Domain Controller’.
3. Install IIS Role with asp.net features.
4. Install Windows server 2003 service pack 1.
5. Install Windows server 2003 service pack 2.
6. Raise the domain functional level to windows 2003.
7. Install Microsoft .net framework 2.0
8. Install Microsoft .net framework 3.0
9. Install Windows Powershell 1.0
10. Windows Cumulative time zone update patch.
Following features/services must not be installed :-
3. Certificate Authority